Mother of 2 With Type 1 Diabetes / our crazy world

Thursday, May 04, 2006

i am getting jumpy part 2

Shortly after i wrote that post. My home phone rings as i am trying to get into the shower. Hubby on phone" your duaghter is 39 and the school is trying to get ahold of you" ME" ok bye". Grab glucagon outta frig just in case, run to truck, hop in truck, forgot regular syringe, hop outta truck run into house, find syringes( a whole bag) run to truck , go 40 in a residential nieghbor hood, 2 minutes latter at school, run to nurses office as the vice princepal watches with worry. Grape juice had brought it up to 42, mini- dose of glucagon,9 units just in case.As i shake and my heart pounds, i think it was from being watched. The nurse then asks if i am alright, looking worried about me. Take her home and feed her some food ( rice crispy and cup a noodle soup) now she is 149.

Hubby just called" i am tired of the shit"...... WEll DUH so am i. I am just happy i was home today and not working or it would have been much worse. 30 minutes away and ugggh i just hate the thought.

i want a pump, i want 2 pumps, i want them noooooowwwwwwwwwww! I know that it won't solve all the problems( i am not asking for world peace, or a cure for cancer and aids, just a better way) but it will be better than what is going on now.

I want an opaloupaaaaaaaaa , i want it noooow daddy.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    You and your husband need to go to the doctor and be respectfully direct about why there should be no more delays with respect to pumping. Surely you have enough experience with giving injections etc. and the time to learn the pump is now. Your children are entitled to live with the mode of insulin delivery YOU feel is best for them. The delay needs to end.

    Hope Tay is ok. BTW, a good idea would be to keep a glucagon at the school.

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Megan said…

    I agree on the being direct bit. When I went and asked for my pump I had already decided which pump I wanted, and brought a list of 13 reasons I thought a pump would benefit me. I also brought all the paper work with me and had already had insurance's blessing. It worked. I got my script for a pump that day.

    Good luck, I think your kids would love it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home