Mother of 2 With Type 1 Diabetes / our crazy world

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Dr appointment today , not for the kids but me

I haven't been to a Dr in about 10 years. And the last Dr to see me was my OB/GYN after Tay was born.I do get my birth control from Planned Parenthood but that is just girl things. Today i am going to a regular M.D. I need to start taking care of myself but i am stubborn.My leg has been bothering me for a while now. I have no energy. So as a mother of children with a chronic illness i am last on the list. But i am coming to realize that if i am not well then my kids are not going to be in the best hands that they can be in. I deal with thier Dr and my hubbys Dr and i just don't want to deal with one of my own. So here i am with a Dr appointment at 11:30 today. I will go and see what all is wrong with me. Maybe i'll feel better. Maybe something is wrong and i may be able to fix it before it gets to bad. I really don't like this, i hate not knowing...... the what ifs kick my butt. We really must take care of ourselves, without us.... just think what the house would look like. HAHAHA

1 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    YEAH YOU! You are the most important person who needs to care for herself. When you feel well, you will feel well enough to look out for others too. BRAVO. I know this was a tough step for you. Kudos.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home