Mother of 2 With Type 1 Diabetes / our crazy world

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Does this make you jump for joy??

  • A pump and continuous glucose monitor has been approved. Does this make you jump for joy or do you immediately think of all the problems that may be?
  • For every step ahead i think that there are 5 more steps in a diffrent direction that could have been. That may yet to be. That may come becuase of this first step.
  • I won't be the first in line for this, but i may be in line for something that will come from this.
  • Aren't we all holding our breaths for a cure or atleast the least invasive method to take care of ourselves and our children.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger julia said…

    It makes me cautiously jump for joy. It's a huge step forward, but I know people who have this, the Navigator and the DexCom and I hear about the successes and failures they're having. Mainly, though, it's a big, big help and most people are quite satisfied with them.

    If someone offered one to me for Olivia, I'd take it in a flash.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Megan said…

    I don't think I am quite ready for this. I am also "cautiously jumping." there seem to be some real accuracy issues still, plus cost is a major issue for me.

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I'm thrilled technology is moving forward and eventually we'll have continuous glucose monitoring which has the potential to revolutionize diabetes treatment.

    That said, the MM RT sensor/transmitter is not for my son. It's too cumbersome and too costly - especially that EVERY part of it is consumable within less than a year. The transmitter will need to be replaced probably within 9 months at a cost of $1000. Each sensor is $35 for 3 days.

    MM has a history of creating proprietary situations where one must purchase everything from them and not rely on any "generic" products whatsoever.

    At least the Navigator will use standard batteries.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home