Mother of 2 With Type 1 Diabetes / our crazy world

Thursday, March 23, 2006

pump or lantus???

That is the question of the week. I can't do this NPH and novo anymore, Adams numbers are always high and Tay had a week from hell. Saturday was the walk and then she went swiming and i never got her number above 70 for 3 days.She still isn't right, some very low lows. I had to take her to work with me Wednesday and her case nurse got to see her.I talked with the Dr yesterday and told him its lantus or the pump and that was it. no more messing around with this and the kids no longer have a choice other than the ones i give them.We are looking at the minimed pump. Lantus is going to be in a pen soon, actually it is in a pen but it isn't widely used yet. But the kids don't want that. So thats the story and now we go from here and start looking and learning about the pump.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    Just my two cents worth. We did Lantus first and now we're on the pump. To help with the lows with swimming and exercise, the pump is going to be more usefull. Once you take the Lantus, that's it, but with the pump you can stop her insulin completly while she's swimming or after to help combat the lows.

    Best of luck to you.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger julia said…

    NPH sucks, IMO. I had a terrible time keeping Olivia in anything close to range when she was on that. She used Lantus for a year and a bit before going on the pump. Lantus means a lot more injections because you have to dose every time you put food in your mouth, but it worked really well for us. The pump has been good, too. I'd say they're both about equal in terms of making her blood sugars easier to manage. O loves her pump (for now) and wouldn't change back to injections for anything.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger NewsBlogger said…

    Hi, I am karondaray, and like to contact you!

    By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about gestational diabetes I have found your site.
    Of course, I was looking out for gestational diabetes related information and I have found your pump or lantus???. Sorry, I have seen that isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
    I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
    It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

    Fritz

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger julia said…

    ugh. this fritz asshole is spamming everyone. if you turn on word verification, he won't be able to do it anymore.

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger NewsBlogger said…

    Hello, I like to contact you! My name is karondaray,
    By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about juvenile diabete I have found your site.
    I was looking out for juvenile diabete related information. Sorry, I have see that your pump or lantus??? isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.
    I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
    It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

    Fritz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home