Mother of 2 With Type 1 Diabetes / our crazy world

Thursday, February 23, 2006

the month didn't go by quick enough

What a couple of days its been. Yesterday I found out that my grandfather has had a heart attack , hes in California. Then my good friend accidently turned on the dryer while her cat was in it. She called me screaming and crying and her son was crying and i couldn't understand her, so i sent my husband over to help. When I finally got there the cat was in bad shape and i had to drive her to the Vet. The cat didn't make it, she was very very upset. The kids are doing ok........After dealing with that my other good friend came over and told me her father just died and she had to go up north. Poor thing. I have another friend whos boyfriend just went to jail and she is calling me everyday crying and trying to figure out a way to get him out........ So I have put in my 2 weeks notice i am quitting my job as Camp couselor and going to pay attention me and mine for a few days maybe weeks. Tomorrow i am starting my new job, my only "real" job and i am alittle scared . Its like i am going to have something that has nothing to do with the kids or the husband. When we are little , we are someones duaghter or grand duaghter then we get married and then we are someones wife. Then we have kids and we are someones mom. I don't think i have ever been just Karon.My hubby is very happy and very supportive of this job , thank goodness. The kids are even happy too , as long as it doesn't interfer with me driving or picking them up from school, hahaha. I don't know what will happen with this job but i think its time for me to do something just for me. i will let ya know how its going soon thanks for listening to the ranting and raving .

2 Comments:

  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger julia said…

    Good grief, what a lot to have dumped on your plate. What's the job that you're going to be doing? Sometimes I love my job, just for the respite it gives me from being wife, mom and chief cook and bottle washer.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    YIKES. Very cool that you've got a job that you can feel good about just being you. KUDOS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home