Mother of 2 With Type 1 Diabetes / our crazy world

Thursday, January 12, 2006

WOW

I guess i better get my act together... I have been listed or i think its called tagged on another blog :
The Diabetes OC Website

I am blown away. Thanks again to Ellen.

When you live everyday with worry and weakness. Its the little things that make you the happiest.

As i was reading another blog, i recalled the time that i gave Adam the wrong dose of insulin. This was what i call the " not knowing what the heck i was doing" time. I gave him his shot and realized that it was wrong, very wrong. Now i could have panic but i had learned that it all can be fixed.Luckily for Adam it was Easter and I don't believe that becuase my kid( at that time Adam was the only one) has Diabetes he should be denied anything, and that included a chocolate bunny and candy from the easter bunny.Well ...... becuase of my mistake he got to eat capitan crunch with nerds in it and drink code red mountain dew all the way to lion country safari. With all the insulin in him and the candy his numbers were "PERFECT" all day long. I had a backpack filled with candy and soda , just in case he should go low. He never did. That was the beginning of me knowing that i could take care of him no matter what. We didn't get upset or panic, we just did what we had to do. Now we look back on that and laugh. It could have gone a million diffrent ways and it just happened to work that day.

One number at a time,sometimes its one hour at a time, sometimes its one day at a time. Whatever gets you thru.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    You've been listed. Tagged is probably coming. When you're tagged, you'll have to list 5 random facts about yourself...that you haven't already told us LOL!!!

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Red (Aus) said…

    LOL Ummm now I'm here to tell you that you've been officially TAGGED by me hehehe
    You are required to post what Ellen said and then if you can find someone, tag someone else!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home