Mother of 2 With Type 1 Diabetes / our crazy world

Thursday, January 12, 2006

I got my superwoman cape outta the cleaners today

I had my first dinner party last night... well its not my first but it is the since my house got put back together. For 3 months we were literally camping in our house. No kitchen, no sink, no bathroom(guest). Now I am slowly putting it back together,new sofas, new tables, new everything! Its so nice to get all the pieces to fit.

The kids are both coming down with something, happens about 8 in the morning every morning, its called "I don't want to go to school -itis".

I am waiting on a friend that is in the hospital to call me so I can pick her up. I have another friend going thru a nasty divorce and another friend that is having a bit of money problems. This is where the superwoman cape comes in handy.I'll let ya borrow it if you promise to clean it before giving back. But it does come with all my issues attached.

So I am going to do something for myself this weekend....... I am getting my 2 tattoos done on my back. Tattoos are great, no one can ever take them away from you. Mine all mean something.... like my dragon on my leg...... its a momma dragon( what is more protective than a dragon?
) with a nest of 2 eggs( 2 kids) , one is blue and the other is pink. She has a sweet look of love on her face but her arms/wings are wrapped around her babies. The new tattoos I am getting are of a "devil dragon", not to mean looking but just enough to know that its up to something and then on the other shoulder is the "angel dragon" sweet and kind with the halo kinda tilt so you know its not perfect either. These two are going to be my balance. They are going to be facing each other on my shoulder blades in that constant struggle between good and evil. Later I may get a "?" mark put between them. I have several others that I am thinking about getting also. And I have told my kids that I will pay for their first tattoos aslong as they say " medical alert TYPE 1 DIABETES" they have the choice of how it will look and how big, but I get to decide where( wrist or chest, somewhere the EMTs will look). Unfortunately this is something they may(trying to be optimistic, its hard sometimes) have for the rest of their lives and its much easier to tattoo than to keep track of bracelets and necklaces. When a Cure is found I will pay for "CURED" to be tattooed over it in big letters.Some people may hate tattoos and there is definitely a stereotype for people who have them. I have made sure that mine are in a place that can be covered, so that when I do decide to grow up it won't be something I regret, regret is not the word I am looking for, I don't know what word I am looking for.

On the subject of regret..... regret is a tough nut to crack. I think I only regret the things that I haven't done , not the stuff I have. Guilt is also a nasty little thing that gets in the way. Guilt is useless to me unless it gives me the power I need to fight or fix whatever I am feeling guilty about.

Well I better iron that superwoman cape if I am going to get anything done today.

ya'll have a nice day..... and good numbers to all( that's a little Diabetes joke)

p.s. Don't ya'll just hate the word "I" its annoying, has to be capitalized.

Well behaved women rarely make history!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I have a little tattoo on my right shoulder blade. I went through 3 c-sections, but I'll never get another tattoo (it hurt like a mofo!)

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger karondaray said…

    Yes tattoos hurt but only for a few days :), the most painful thingis that i am getting both of them done at the same time, laying down is going to SUCK.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I am having so much fun reading your blog!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home