Mother of 2 With Type 1 Diabetes / our crazy world

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A few of the things i care about

I just posted my first post and there are a few things that I think I need to put on here. First, as a parent of 2 kids with Diabetes , I want a cure and I want to help people learn about Diabetes. Here are a few of my favorite websites :

If you or someone you know has Diabetes please check out these sites.

children with DIABETES On-line Community

Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation : Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International

The Diabetes Research Institute
These are our best hope for a cure.

Next on the list of things that I care about is organ donation.
I have a family member that is in need of a liver.
There are about 90,000 people on the waiting list and most die before they get a new organ. If you are interested please check it out.

Presumed Consent Foundation Home Page

Kids need books , if you have old books laying around please find the nearest daycare, school, hospital, ect ,ect and donate them. Don"t forget the elderly, they need books to.

There are so many small things that we can all do to make a change around us.

Well behaved women rarely make history.

have you been a good girl?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    You should check out joinleenow.org

    Lee Iacocca started a separate fund raising campaign from that of his Iacocca Foundation to fund a Dr who cured type 1 in mice.

    The next step is to see what doses of the BCG vaccine is needed to create the same results in humans.

    This happens to be my pet cause in the world of diabetes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home